02 Dec 2016
Annual Report 2015 - 2016NaTHNaC publishes its Annual Report 2015 - 2016
On 2 December NaTHNaC published its Annual Report 2015 – 2016. The report:
- names the members of the team and gives details of their different responsibilities
- explains a breakdown of the finances
- lists the organisational achievements of the team
- lists the activities of individual members of staff
- gives a summary of the highlights of the year
Some key highlights of the year include:
- 2015-2016 was an exciting year for NaTHNaC. A new Chair, Dr Rima Makarem, was appointed. Rima has strong commercial and strategic skills, which will be welcome as NaTHNaC considers future service development.
- A major milestone was reached as NaTHNaC launched its new website, which has been well received and is frequently referenced by all our stakeholders. It is receiving increasing traffic, and a new Yellow Fever section is now being developed to support the needs of current and potential registered clinics. E-learning courses aimed at GP practices and nurses are planned for the coming year.
- With the help of Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine NaTHNaC produces a webinar on Getting to grips with the yellow fever certificate.
- With the evolving Zika virus outbreak 2015/6 was also a busy and challenging year. We worked tirelessly with the UK government, other public bodies and key international players to define travel advice for British travellers to affected areas.