05 Feb 2018
Reminder: Annual Return for YFVC now dueImportant notice for all Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres (YFVC)
Annual return of yellow fever vaccine use, 2017 (Designated centres only)
All Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres (YFVC), who remained designated during 2017, are reminded that the Annual Return (AR) of yellow fever must be submitted. The AR is now open and can be accessed until 11 March 2018:
- Annual Returns 2017 [Link to start survey]
NB If you realise that you have made a mistake on the form after you have pressed 'DONE' on the last page, clear the cookies from you browser and start again. We will be using the latest complete submission for each centre.
YFVC who ceased to be designated during 2017 do not need to submit this Annual Return, but will be asked to complete a separate survey in due course.
Important information about the Annual Return survey
The Annual Return can only be submitted electronically. Being prepared should help to ensure you are able to submit helpful data. Please familiarise yourself with the detail required for this return period (1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017) – see below.
The electronic return form consists of short questions, and can be completed very quickly if you have the following information to hand:
About this YFVC
- YFVC identifying number
- Postcode of your YFVC
- Type of YFVC
About health professionals at this YFVC
- Number of staff YF trained within the last two years
- Number of staff who administer YF vaccine
About YF vaccine
- Number of vaccines given (and where known, number given in specific age ranges)
- Number of booster doses given and where possible:
- Reason for giving a booster dose
- Number of serious adverse events reported to Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in age ranges (if possible)
- Detail of serious adverse events reported
- Number of yellow fever vaccine wasted
- Reason for vaccine wastage
Saving your submitted data as a record
We are not able to send out copies of individual Annual Return survey to centres due to administrative constraints.
It is not possible to print off the Annual Return survey. We recommend that if you wish to keep a copy you read the suggestion given at the end of the survey (before pressing the button to submit).
Your responses will help inform what is known about yellow fever vaccination practice in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. All data will be anonymised and statistics from individual YFVCs will not be published. The provisional anonymised data from the collated annual returns will be published on the TravelHealthPro website.
On behalf of the Yellow Fever Strategic Review Group, NaTHNaC