11 Feb 2019
Reminder: Annual Return for Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres (YFVC) now dueImportant notice to all YFVC in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
Annual return of yellow fever vaccine use, 2018
(Designated centres only)
All Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres (YFVC), who remained designated during 2018, are reminded that the Annual Return (AR) of yellow fever must be submitted. The AR is now open and can be accessed until 29 March 2019.
YFVC who ceased to be designated during 2018 do not need to submit this Annual Return, but will be asked to complete a separate survey in due course.
Important information about the Annual Return survey
The Annual Return can only be submitted electronically.
Being prepared should help to ensure you are able to submit helpful data. Please familiarise yourself with the detail required for this return period (1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018) – see below.
The electronic return form consists of short questions, and can be completed very quickly if you have the following information to hand:
- YFVC identifying number and postcode
- YFVC type
- Number of staff at the YFVC who have undertaken NaTHNaC yellow fever (YF) training within the last two years
- Number of staff who administer YF vaccine
- Number of YF vaccines doses given (age ranges, gender and NEW this year, given where there was a precaution or contraindication to YF vaccination present)*
- Number of YF booster doses given and where possible: reason for giving a booster dose
- Number of adverse events following YF vaccination (age ranges and NEW this year, given where a contraindication to the vaccination was present)*
- Number of serious adverse events reported to Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) (age ranges, gender)
- Detail of serious adverse events reported
- Number of YF vaccine wasted and reason for wastage
*NEW - Please do try to submit this information; the new questions are likely to be routinely included with others in the Annual Return going forward.
Saving your submitted data as a record
We are not able to send out copies of individual Annual Return survey to centres due to administrative constraints. It is not possible to print off the Annual Return survey. We recommend that if you wish to keep a copy you read the suggestion given at the end of the survey (before pressing the button to submit).
Your responses will help inform what is known about yellow fever vaccination practice in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. All data will be anonymised and statistics from individual YFVCs will not be published. The provisional anonymised data from the collated annual returns will be published on the Yellow Fever Zone website.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
On behalf of the Yellow Fever Strategic Review Group, NaTHNaC