03 Dec 2019
Notice: Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres - Annual Return for YFVC; 1 January – 31 December 2019Information about the Annual Return for Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres (YFVC) in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
This Annual Return will open in early January 2020
All Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres (YFVC), who remained designated during 2019, are reminded that the Annual Return which included questions about yellow fever use through the preceding year, must be submitted between January and March each year. Centres who withdraw during 2019 are not required to submit this return but are asked for some information relating to YF vaccine use separately, as part of the withdrawal process.
You can prepare for your 2019 Annual Return by having the following information to hand (all questions that were included in previous Annual Returns):
- YFVC identifying number and postcode
- YFVC Type of YFVC
- Number of staff who have undertaken NaTHNaC YF training
- Number of staff who administer YF vaccine
- Number of vaccines given, and number given in specific age ranges
- Number of booster doses given and reason for the booster dose
- Number of adverse events following yellow fever vaccination in age ranges
- Number of serious adverse events reported to Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in age ranges
- Detail of serious adverse events reported
- Number of yellow fever vaccine wasted and reason for vaccine wastage
NEW – for the 2019 return there will be small number of additional questions relating to:
Generally, any new questions introduced to the Annual Return could be included in subsequent returns.We would appreciate your responses to these new questions this year but understand if this is not possible for operational reasons.
YFVC in England, Wales and Northern Ireland are required under the Conditions of Designation for YFVC to submit the Annual Return each year. Failure to submit may result in suspension or de-designation of the YFVC.
The AR for 2019 will open in mid-January 2020 and can be accessed until mid-March 2020.
Please watch the website for information on how to submit your Annual Return and the link to the questionnaire which will be posted in due course.
Thank you for your co-operation.