17 Jan 2020
Notice: Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres - Annual Return for YFVC in England, Wales and Northern IrelandThe Annual Return, for the year 1 January – 31 December 2019, is open until 31 March 2020
The Annual Return is open
All Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres (YFVC), who remained designated during 2019, are reminded that the Annual Return (AR) of yellow fever use through the preceding year, must be submitted between January and 31 March each year.
The AR consists of questions relating to your YFVC and yellow fever vaccine use through 2019.
Having access to the following information should help you as you complete the Annual Return:
- YFVC identifying number and postcode
- YFVC Type of YFVC
- Number of staff YF who have undertaken NaTHNaC YF training
- Number of staff who administer YF vaccine
- Number of vaccines given, and number given in specific age ranges
- Number of booster doses given and reason for the booster dose
- Number of adverse events following yellow fever vaccination in age ranges
- Number of serious adverse events reported to Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in age ranges
- Detail of serious adverse events reported
- Number of yellow fever vaccine wasted and reason for vaccine wastage
NEW – for the 2019 return we ask a small number of additional questions including:
- Number of YF vaccines given when there was a precaution or contraindication present (if possible)
- Number of Medical Letters of Exemption issued for these risk groups (if possible)
We understand that answering questions that have not been asked previously could be a challenge; please provide as much information as possible for 2019.
YFVC in England, Wales and Northern Ireland are required under the Conditions of Designation for YFVC to submit the AR each year. Failure to submit may result in suspension or de-designation of the YFVC.
The AR submission form can be accessed until 31 March 2020.
Thank you for your co-operation and valuable input.
Senior Nurse NaTHNaC