11 Dec 2020
Notice: Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres - Annual Return for YFVCs (1 January - 31 December 2020)Information about the Annual Return for Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres (YFVCs) in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
This Annual Return will open in late February 2021
All Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres (YFVCs), who remained designated during 2020, are reminded that an Annual Return must be submitted each year. Due to the extraordinary impact of COVID-19 on travel services, this year’s Annual Return will open later and for a longer period of time than usual.
Centres who withdraw during 2020 are not required to submit this return but are asked for some information relating to YF vaccine use separately, as part of the withdrawal process.
You can prepare for your 2020 Annual Return by ensuring that you can access the following information:
- YFVC identifying number and postcode
- Number of staff who undertake YF risk assessment and/or administer YF vaccine
- The training status of health professionals who undertake YF risk assessment and/or administer YF vaccine
- Number of vaccines given, according to age
- Number of booster doses given and reason for the booster dose
- Number of adverse events following yellow fever vaccination according to age
- Number of serious adverse events reported to Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in age ranges
- Detail of serious adverse events reported
- Number of yellow fever vaccine wasted and reason for vaccine wastage
- Number of YF vaccines given when there was a precaution or contraindication present
- Number of Medical Letters of Exemption issued and reason for issue
Whilst most of the questions we ask remain the same for each Annual Return, there may be fewer or additional questions in some years. Any changes will be announced in News Items published in advance of the Annual Return opening.
The Annual Return for 2020 will open at the end of February 2021. Please watch the website for further details, due to be posted in early 2021. YFVCs in England, Wales and Northern Ireland are required under the Conditions of Designation for YFVC to submit an Annual Return each year. Failure to submit may result in suspension or de-designation of the YFVC.
Thank you for your co-operation.