25 Jan 2021
Changes to advice line opening hoursAdvice line hours are changing from 1st February 2021
The NaTHNaC telephone advice line is for health professionals who have queries about travellers with complex itineraries and/or travellers with special health needs. The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office issued updated advice for British nationals planning to travel overseas on 16 January 2021.
With effect from Monday 1st February 2021 and until further notice, the advice line opening hours will be as follows:
- Mondays to Fridays 13:00 – 15:00
Please ensure that you are familiar with the detailed information available on the Country Information pages and the factsheets for special risk travellers on TravelHealthPro as caller questions can sometimes be answered by reading the information available on the website.
Additionally callers are asked to have the following information available:
- Contact telephone number and postcode of practice/clinic/pharmacy
- Age; date of birth of babies
- Body weight of babies (for malaria prophylaxis related enquiries)
- Past/current medical history (including any relevant recent blood test results)
- Past/current medication
- The detailed itinerary of the traveller
- Date of departure & length of trip
- Reason for trip & planned activities whilst travelling
We are unable to answer travel health queries from the general public and non-clinical administrative members of staff.