05 Mar 2021
Notice: Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres - Annual Return for YFVCS (1 January - 31 December 2020)The Annual Return for Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres (YFVCs) in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is open
THE ANNUAL RETURN IS OPEN AND WILL CLOSE 30 JUNE 2021
Due to the extraordinary impact of COVID-19 on travel services, this year’s Annual Return opens later and will remain open for a longer time than usual.
All Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres (YFVCs), who remained designated during 2020, are reminded that an Annual Return must be submitted each year.
Centres who withdrew YF services during 2020 are not required to submit this return but are asked for some information relating to YF vaccine use separately, as part of the withdrawal process.
Whilst most of the questions we ask remain the same for each Annual Return, there may be fewer or additional questions in some years. Having the following information to hand will help you as you complete the Annual Return:
- YFVC identifying number and postcode.
- Number of staff who undertake YF risk assessment and/or administer YF vaccine.
- The training status of health professionals who undertake YF risk assessment and/or administer YF vaccine.
- Number of vaccines given, according to age.
- Number of reinforcing doses given and reasons for giving reinforcing doses.
- Number of adverse events following yellow fever vaccination.
- Number of YF vaccines given when there was a precaution or contraindication present.
- Number of Medical Letters of Exemption issued and reason for issue.
YFVCs in England, Wales and Northern Ireland are required under the Conditions of Designation for YFVC to submit an Annual Return each year. Failure to submit may result in suspension or de-designation of the YFVC.
Thank you for your co-operation.